SUSTAINABLE(ISH) TIPS AND IDEAS FOR FOOD
DID YOU KNOW?
- Food production is responsible for a quarter of all global greenhouse gas emmissions
- More than half of food emissions comes from animal products
- If food waste were a country it would be the 3rd biggest emitter of greenhouse gases (after the USA and China)
- Around 50% of food waste in the UK occurs in the home.
- Not wasting good food and drink would have the same positive environmental impact of taking 1 in 4 cars off UK roads.
We all have to eat. And the food we eat clearly has a massive impact on the planet (and the lives of the people who produce our food).
For this month's checklist I've put together some 'sustainable(ish)' ideas to help reduce the environmental impact of what we're putting on our plates. Feel free to download and share far and wide - lets start some conversations about easy steps to sustainable(ish) living! It's also available here as a pdf if you want to print it and tick things off as you go 🙂